During the week of November 28th through December 2nd, Extend-A-Care YMCA Afterschool Care centers will celebrate National Cake Day and all of the yummy magic of cake! Try out one of our EAC Y crafts at home with this sweet cake mix playdough activity.
• 1 Box Cake Mix
• 1/2 Vegetable Oil
• 3 tbs Corn Starch
• Powdered Sugar
1. Begin by combining the cake mix and oil in a stand mixer or a large bowl.
2. Once the cake mix and oil are mixed together, mix the cornstarch into the bowl.
3. Once the cornstarch is mixed in, start to add in 5 tablespoons of powdered sugar. You’ll want to add in a little at a time as you mix.
4. You may need to add additional powdered sugar beyond the initial 5 tablespoons. Continue to add more in 1 tablespoon increments until you reach your desired consistency.
5. After you’ve reached your desired consistency, it’s time to add sprinkles!