For Ages 8 to 14
YMCA Youth Volleyball leagues and clinics emphasize skill development and good sportsmanship. Our Youth Volleyball leagues and clinics are recreational and teach kids volleyball basics, like setting, bumping and serving.
YMCA youth sports encourage and promote healthy kids, families and communities by placing a priority on family involvement, healthy competition rather than rivalry, the value of participation over winning, team-building as well as individual development, a positive self-image and a sense of fair play and mutual respect for others.
Financial assistance available. Not seeing all the volleyball registration options? Click here for a full listing.
Find coach contact info, game times and practice schedules here.
Parents are encouraged to be more than mere spectators. In fact, parents are crucial to a successful sports season by contributing their time as volunteer coaches – as well as being their kid’s greatest fan. Learn more about volunteering as a youth sports coach here.
SPRING GAME LOCATIONS
Practices are guaranteed to occur at or near your home location (YMCA Center), but games are played at YMCAs throughout the YMCA of Austin Association based on registration numbers. YMCA leagues and divisions may be combined with those from other Ys to ensure participation for all.
Health and Wellness Protocols
- Coaches and spectators, who are not vaccinated, are encouraged to wear masks at all times.
- Spectators must maintain social distancing at all times
- Coaches, players and spectators must bring their own water.
- Post game acknowledgements & celebrations will be touchless between teams.
Spring ’23 Volleyball Details
- Discount Registration: Jan 17 – Feb 9
- Regular Registration: Feb 10 – Mar 10
- Limited Registration (LIMITED SPOTS) Mar 11 – Mar 26
SPRING ‘23 SEASON DATES:
- Rosters and schedule available on Mar 20
- Volleyball season runs April 3 – May 20
- First game: April 15
PRACTICES & GAMES:
- Players will practice for one-hour each week.
- Games are played within a one-hour period.
- Teams are coached by volunteers – who must pass background check, complete child sexual abuse prevention training, and attend pre-season coaches training.
- Jerseys are provided for each participant prior. Players are responsible for shorts or pants, necessary protective gear, and athletic shoes.
- Ball Sizes: 8-10 uses Volley Lite & 11-14 uses Regulation ball
Coaches’ Corner: Info for Coaches
Volunteers are crucial to the success of our program. Thank you very much for volunteering your time and talent to serve as Y youth sports volunteer coach.
- Volleyball Practice Drills & Skills
- YMCA Youth Sports eLearning
- YMCA of the USA Coaching Youth Volleyball
- Positive Coaching Alliance Development Zone Resource Center
- USA Volleyball Coaching Resources
Visit our volunteer training page for details and requirements to become a coach for YMCA of Austin sports leagues.
Youth Sports Philosophy
The YMCA of Austin has a responsibility to our community to serve youth and their families through positive experiences that teach them the value of community togetherness.
YMCA of Austin youth sports will focus on the development of the whole child through age-appropriate & character-based curriculum, delivered in a judgement-free environment that allows participants to learn, develop, and be filled with joy.
These recreational youth development programs will produce memorable game-day experiences.
Through purposeful training of staff and volunteers, targeted marketing, and clear communication, the YMCA of Austin can fill the gap in our community and provide non-competitive youth sports leagues, so that young people may:
- Develop youth sports skills & grow into well-rounded athletes and people;
- Realize their potential as active, engaged, and thriving global thinkers;
- Participate in YMCA youth sports for three or more seasons and who will enroll in other Y youth programs
Please contact your local YMCA for Youth Sports Inquiries
- Northwest Family YMCA – 512.335.9622
- East Communities YMCA – 512.933.9622
- TownLake YMCA – 512.542.9622
- Southwest Family YMCA – 512.891.9622
- Hays Communities YMCA – 512.523.0099
- Springs Family YMCA – 512.894.3309
0 programs meet your criteria
Do you want to register for this session only, or for multiple sessions of this program at this location?
“Youth volleyball is one of the best ways for kids to learn to communicate with one another. It’s inspiring to watch the kids get better with each practice and game.”
– Chelsea J.