You are here
Ready. Set. Spike! Hit the net with the folks who invented the game - the Y! Originally called mintonette, volleyball was created by the YMCA. An experimental game, mintonette combined a variation of the badminton net with elements of basketball, the German game of fistball and handball.
The first volleyball game was played at Springfield College in 1896. The philosophy of YMCA youth sports programs is to use sports as a tool to develop each participant physically, mentally and spiritually.
Emphasis is on teaching the values of good sportsmanship, teamwork, goal setting and skill development in a fun, esteem-promoting atmosphere. Children will have the opportunity to learn the basic volleyball fundamentals such as underhand serving, setting, hitting, and digging in a non-completive environment.
Our youth volleyball program is a co-ed league.
Volunteer Coaches: All YMCA sports leagues are coached by volunteers, the YMCA does not provide paid coaches. We are always looking for great coaches for all sports. If you are interested in joining our team as a volunteer coach, please fill out our volunteer interest form. Not sure how to run a practice or what will be required of you as a coach? We will provide all the training you need to be a great coach.
Fall Registration Info:
- TownLake Y: July 24th through September 17th
- Northwest Y: July 24th through September 17th
- Hays Y: July 24th through September 17th
- East Y: July 24th through September 17th
- Southwest Y: July 24th through September 4th
Fall Season Info:
- TownLake Y: October 7th through November 11th
- Northwest Y: October 7th through November 11th
- Hays Y: October 7th through November 11th
- East Y: October 7th through November 11th
- Southwest Y: September 16th through November 4th
Registration: $45 Members, $95 Non-MembersLeague Age Groups: 8-9 years, 10-12 years, and 13-15 years
- Summer (season starts 7/22)
- Fall (season starts 9/16)
East Communities YMCA - Roger Harner | (512) 933-9622
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor: FastMed Urgent Care
North Austin YMCA - Tiera Johnson | (512) 973-9622
Northwest Family YMCA - Ethan Lynch | (512) 335-9622
Registration closed -
Springs YMCA - Cesar Serrano | (512) 894-3309
Southwest Family YMCA: Ruben Ruiz 512-891-9622