You are here
Summer Day Camp
YMCA Summer Camp offer children & teens, ages 4-14, a safe, exciting, and memorable day camp experience.
Kids have the opportunity to build self-confidence, independence, and creativity, and parents have peace of mind knowing your kids are in a safe and enriching place. At YMCA day camps, campers make friends while learning the values of diversity and cooperation.
Expand the bubbles below to learn more about our four different Summer Day Camp options - Kinder, Theme, Sports and Trailblazer. Our camps are offered throughout the Greater Austin community, so whether you're in Travis, Hays, or Bastrop, we have a positive, fun, and enriching camp atmosphere close by. Don't miss out!
This summer, the YMCA of Austin will offer 20 camps across Travis, Hays, and Bastrop Counties including Kinder, Theme, Sports, and Trailblazer camps. All camps will offer swimming, field trips, games, crafts, and character development activities. Camps will operate from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm at designated schools, churches, and YMCA facilities. Campers will enjoy changing weekly themes, sports, and adventures as well as weekly field trips and twice weekly trips to the pool. Activities are based on the YMCA of Austin's character values (Respect, Responsibility, Honest, Faith, and Caring) and the Search Institute's 40 Developmental Assets.
2017 REGISTRATION is now open.
Four easy ways to register: (Registration ends the Wednesday before each camp week)
- Online Registration:
- In person at Program Services; 3208 Red River; Austin, TX 78705
- By mail to Program Services; 3208 Red River; Austin, TX 78705
- By email to email@example.com (All enrollment forms must still be submitted)
2017 Summer Camp Brochure
Registration Forms (4 pages) (en Español)
Weekly Schedule of Themes
Descriptions: Kinder, Theme, Sports, Trailblazer
Frequently Asked Questions: Kinder, Theme, Sports, Trailblazer
Looking to Cancel? Add or Transfer Weeks? Click on the Links below!
Online Cancellation Form please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
Online Transfer Form please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
After initial enrollment, no refunds or credits will be given for registration fee and camp deposit(s). All changes to a child’s enrollment or
cancellations must be received by the Program Services Branch, by submitting the 2017 online cancellation form.
- 14 Calendar Days or more Before Camp Session: Cancellations and transfers accepted in writing and without additional charges.
- 13 (two Tuesdays before) - 5 (Wednesday before camp week) Calendar Days before Camp Session: Cancellation fee of $25 charged upon receipt of written notice. Transfer fee of $10 charged upon receipt of written notice.
- On or After the Thursday Before Camp Session: No cancellations or transfers will be accepted. No credits will be awarded. No refunds will be given. You will be held responsible for the full amount of camp fees, regardless of whether or not your child attends camp.
- A $25 cancellation fee is charged for any cancellation due to non-payment.
- Emergency Registration: An emergency registration is defined as any registration occurring Thursday or Friday before the desired camp session. The emergency registration will only be accepted up until 12pm on Friday and an additional $50.00 Emergency Registration fee will apply for all requests.
Financial Assistance Policy: YMCA of Austin programs and activities are designed to benefit persons of all backgrounds, and fees are based on the cost of providing each program. While participants are expected to pay their fair share, when financial assistance dollars are available, the YMCA will assist any individual or family that wants to participate but cannot afford the fee.
Financial Assistance is awarded on a first come, first served basis. Financial assistance forms will be accepted beginning Monday, February 13. Only completed applications will be accepted and reviewed. Funds are limited, and we recommend applying early.
What do I need to apply for Financial Assistance?
- 1) Completed Program Enrollment Form
- 2) Completed Financial Assistance Application
- 3) Most Recent Tax Return (*refer to the application's policy page if you do not file taxes)
- 4) Two most recent pay stubs
How can I submit my application?
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: 3208 Red River St. Suite 100, Austin, TX 78705
- By Mail: 3208 Red River St. Suite 100, Austin, TX 78705
For details on Summer Camp financial assistance, contact Ishmael Behrhorst, Outreach Coordinator, with questions and to apply.
“The staff was super. They were great with the kids and treated them well and lovingly.” Kinder Camp Parent
“Great experience for my daughter! She loves it.” Kinder Camp Parent
“Camp increased his confidence and enthusiasm to explore.” Theme Camp Parent
“This was our first year in summer camp and I have to say as a helicopter mother, it was great my kids, six and nine, both have loved the field trips, made new friends, and love ALL the staff members.” Theme Camp Parent
“Every day I came to pick up my kids, the counselors were positively engaged with the kids.” Sports Camp Parent
“My child was very distance from sports. Now she loves them.” Sports Camp Parent
“The staff for this camp was outstanding! My son loved them and had a great time. It was his favorite summer camp yet.” Trailblazer Camp Parent
“He loved it and won't stop talking it.” Trailblazer Camp Parent
Amanda Doll Program Director II 512-236-9622 ext. 320
Marisol Prins Program Director II 512-236-9622 ext. 321
Shayna Molinar Associate Executive 236-9622 ext. 322
Andrew Wiggins District Executive 236-9622 ext. 328
Email Program Services YMCA or call 512-236-9622 for general questions
Let the adventure begin!
Join YMCA Camp Cypress for a summer to discover, explore, and remember. YMCA Camp Cypress sits on 85 acres of pristine wilderness located along a half mile stretch of Onion Creek in Buda, Texas. The camp contains many features of the Edwards Plateau and is rural in nature.
These half day summer camps, which are designed for the mature and older school-age kid, will captivate the imagination and all your senses. This summer we will be offer five unique themes including archery, aquatic adventure, wilderness survival, and outdoor adventure.
Drop off and pick up will be at Camp Cypress located at 959 Old San Antonio Rd. Buda, TX 78610. Camp hours will run from 9:00am to 1:00pm. This camp is offered by the Hays Communities YMCA (not by the Program Services YMCA). Registration and inquiries should be directed to 512-523-0099.
Registration spots are limited to 20 campers so don’t delay and get registered TODAY!