You are here
Homeschool and Childcare
At the Y, students have the opportunity to enjoy socializing and free play, along with formal PE instruction, swimming lessons and more.
- Y P.E.: Do you sit at home all summer looking for something to do? Then we have the answer for your physical education needs! The Bastrop YMCA is offering a physical education program for school age kids from 1st-6th grades. Each month we will cover a different sport/game ranging from Basketball to Volleyball. In addition to the fitness side of the program, we offer a swim component from June-August as well. During the summer, every other Wednesday, starting on June 8th will be at the Bastrop State Park Pool. No need to pre-register, walk-ins welcome!
- Homeschool P.E. classes will be at the Kerr Community Center located at 1308 Walnut Street.
- Swimming will take place at the Bastrop State Park Pool during the summer.
- Homeschool P.E. classes are FREE for members and $5.00 per class
Parents’ Night Out: Parents it's time to enjoy a few hours to yourself; drop the kids off for a fun night of activities. Every month has a theme with games and crafts, a healthy dinner and fruit for dessert, and a movie to wrap up the evening. Parents Night Out is the third Saturday of every month. Discounts for early registration and multiple children!
Value-added programming (registration not required):
- Y Games: Childwatch break out class -Fun games for all kids.
Fee-based programming (registration required):
- Parent's Night Out: Ages 4 to 12. Parents drop your kids off with us for activies, games, food and movies.
Fee Based Programs(registration required):
Parent’s Night Out (4 – 12 years): Drop the kids off at the Y for fun and games while you take some time off. The kids will get to enjoy activities like swimming, playing group games, hanging in the Teen Center, and more! Pizza dinner provided.
When: Every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month, 5- 9:30pm (excluding holiday weekends)
It’s More Than Yoga! (6 – 13 years): Join us for a class that focuses on yoga practice and education. Great for homeschoolers/non-traditional schoolers. Drop-ins welcome!
Young World Artist (6 – 12 years): Travel the world through artistic expression! From Japanese origami to Peruvian weaving, we'll delve into other cultures by practicing and learning their artistic styles and techniques. Sewing basics will also be taught in the class.
- Hang Time: Join us for an engaging and exciting program made just for our YMCA kids. We will play sports, board games, create crafts, and more, all in a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment. No registration required - sign up in ChildWatch.
- Parent's Day Out: Our Parent's Day Out program will consist of music, sports and activities that will help develop cognitive and social skills in your child. Join us for this fun, healthy experience that will help prepare your child for preschool. Snacks are welcome, but we ask for your snacks to be nut free. Please see the welcome desk for more information.
- Parent's Night Out: Join us for our fun-packed night, so you can enjoy a kid free evening. We will be doing activities such as arts/crafts, PE activities, sports and watching a movie at the end of the night (always G rated). We provide dinner (pizza) and snacks for the movie. Kids must be 4 years old.
- Parent’s Night Out (4-12 years): Kid's activity, ages 4 - 12. Arrive at 6:30pm and enjoy crafts, games, open gym, swimming & a movie ALL CHILDREN MUST BE PICKED UP BY 11pm
- ChildWatch (4 months – 12 years): Supervised play while the parent works out. 2 hours per day. No registration required.
- Child Watch- Ages 6 months-12 years, Monday-Friday 8:00am-1:00pm, 4:00pm-8:00pm, Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm, Sunday 2:00-6:00pm
- Babysitting Safety Course - The ASHI Child and Babysitting Safety training program provides training in the business of babysitting, proper supervision, basic caregiving skills, and responding properly to ill or injured children and infants. Participants successful in the course will receive an ASHI-Approved Certification Card which is valid for 2 years. Please check with welcome center for class availability. Ages 12-adult.
The YMCA strives to provide a quality homeschool, physical education program. Students will rotate through a variety of sports and training disciplines with a focus on fundamental skills and team building. Parents of homeschooled children enjoy utilizing the wholesome Y environment to provide value-based and age-appropriate activities. We will focus on Basketball for the remainder of the year.
This co-ed class is designed for the home schooling student in mind. It is for children ranging from beginner to intermediate levels.