Membership For All - Financial Assistance Program
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Each year, we provide over two million dollars in financial assistance locally, thanks to generous gifts from our members and donors through our annual giving campaign, grants and special events.
Applying for Assistance
The Membership For All program helps make YMCA membership and programs affordable for all through an income-based sliding fee scale. To get started:
- You can join the Y online by choosing your income bracket or you can stop by any of our 8-area locations, and our Welcome Center team can verify your adjusted gross income with your most recent 1040 and sign you up for a membership.
- If you join online, you will need to bring your most recent 1040 tax form to your home branch of the Y within 30 days of joining. (If you do not file, we will ask you to complete Form 4506-T or schedule an appointment with one of our finacnial assistance coordinators and provide another form of your household income). Failure to update your income verification information and bring your most recent tax documentation to the branch will result in your membership increasing to the standard Y membership rate.
Financial Assistance Coordinators:
- TownLake Y - Rebecca McFarland
- Southwest Y - Tyler Marlow
- North Austin Y - Emmanuel Gomez
- East Communities Y - Pete Rivera
- Northwest Family Y - Brenda Hernandez
- Hays Communities Y - Yamel Nelson
- Springs Family Y - Patricia Surguy
- Bastrop Y - Tabatha Harris