The TownLake YMCA is the Association's first and largest full-service facility. Established in 1971, the 74,000-square-foot facility has been expanded on three occasions with a recent, major renovation completed in January 2013. This Y is truly a jewel in downtown Austin with a focus on programs to benefit everyone from individuals, families, youth, seniors, and those with special needs as well as serving ages from six weeks to seniors. Our amenities include:
- Three-pool natatorium
- Steam room, Hot Tub, & Dry sauna
- Full-sized gym for basketball, volleyball & more
- Men's, women's, and children's locker rooms
- Easy access to Town Lake Hike & Bike Trail
- Outdoor field for kid activities
- 5,000 sq. ft. cardio area with TVs
- 10,000 ft. of workout equipment
- Large free weight area
- Boxing and cross fit conditioning room
- Yoga & Pilates Studios
- Multi-purpose meeting room
- Child Watch
- ADA equipment
- Community Garden
- Small, outdoor Amphitheater
The branch offers a wide variety of programs from gardening, dance, sports, and art for youth and teens to special exercise programs for seniors, personal training for adults of all ages, and healthy living programs for those who are looking to reclaim their health either after not being active for a while or dealing with a disease like diabetes, cancer, etc.
Additionally, the 25 yard, extra-wide lane lap pool is ideal for swimmers. The accompanying instructional pool is used year-round for children and adult swimming instruction as well as specialized water exercise activities. The Branch offers lifeguard and swim instructor training all year.
Adult basketball, volleyball, and indoor soccer programs are available on a seasonal basis.