You are here
YMCA of Austin Swim Leagues are competitive programs that focus on the development of all ages and abilities. Our trained coaches work to improve swimmers' skill level, endurance and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA core values and promotes progression at an individual level. Individual teams are organized by ability levels and are designed to help team members improve and refine the four competitive strokes, sets, starts and finishes. Our Swim Teams compete with other Ys and swim clubs at area meets.
Workouts include endurance, speed and drill techniques, with a healthy dose of teamwork and sportsmanship.
Team Practice: YMCA Swim League offers up to 3 practice times per week and swimmers are encouraged to attend at least twice weekly.
Swim Meets: Meets are scheduled against other teams in the greater Austin area, typically at other Y's on Saturdays.
- Ages 5-21
- Ability to swim 25 yards continuously
- Completed Swim Evaluation
What to Bring & Wear
- Arrive at practice dressed and ready for the pool
- Clothes, bags & other personal items should be stored in the locker room. Please bring your own lock and leave valuables at home.
- Family-appropriate, clean swimsuit and swim attire is required
- Sandals or flip flops only in pool area
- Towel & goggles