You are here
Paddle Boarding/Kayaking Programs
Part of the Y mission is developing the spirit, mind and body of all. Being outside in nature, and being well equipped mentally and physically to enjoy the experience, is one of the greatest gifts this area of Texas has to offer.
On the Water with J&J:
Come register for this free program to participate in one of the following: Paddle Boarding or Kayaking at the Texas Rowing Center. This class does not provide an instructor, however, the Y will facilitate and assist those registered. Registration is required.
- Free class for YMCA Members!
- Equipment Provided
- Check in with Y staff when you arrive at the rowing center.
- Please make sure to sign the TRC Waiver before beginning program.
- Allow yourself 15 minutes before class to sign waiver and get fitted with equipment.
- We will provide a 10 minute grace period for any late comers.
- Please note the following rules below:
- Must wear a life jacket (provided by TRC).
- 16 and older can participate alone.
- 15 and under must be one-on-one with adult.
- Y staff will help participants choose equipment.
- Program may be canceled same day due to inclement weather or strong current.