You are here
Youth Nutrition and Fitness
At the Y, we care about your holistic health and what you eat is just as important as your physical fitness. We want to help instill helathy eating habits in all ages through fun and engaging activites centered on nutrition and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Kids Dance Fit (Ages 4-11)
- Learn MoreKids Dance Fit is a dance fitness class designed just for kids! This program features age-appropriate music and moves that get kids movin' to the beat. It's all about feeling fearless on the dance floor, reinforcing the idea that it's okay to just be yourself and dance like no one's watching! Ages 4-11 Registration is NOT required. Class is FREE to members; $5/class for non-members.
- Little Chef & Junior Chef - Bastrop Y
- During this fun, hands-on cooking program, a local chef will teach kids about the importance of the proper nutrition and then show them how to make a nutritious snack! Your little chef will then get to enjoy their creation and then make a craft about what they have learned! This program is offered on the second Wednesday of every month.
- Little Chefs (Ages 3-5)
- Junior Chefs (Ages 6-10)
- Y + Fit (12+ Years): Y+Fit workouts incorporate multiple different exercises and workout programs in one intense workout. Combining plyometrics, powerlifting, SAQ drills, and interval cardio training into one hour long session, Y+Fit will help push your workouts to the next level. 3 weeks, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 7:45am-8:45am
Value Added Programs (registration through child-watch):
Y Adaptive Sports (6 years &up): This class is designed to teach kids and teens basics of sports through the experience of using a wheelchair. We will have kids participate in activities, sports games and team building exercises. Older teens may participate, through leadership roles. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Y Play Fit (3 - 7 years): Imagination, fitness, and fun! We’ll play games and have fun while staying active.
Fee Based Programs(registration required):
Junior Chefs (5 -13 years): An intro to cooking with fun and easy recipes. Kids get hands on experience creating healthy dishes and trying new things!
It’s More Than Yoga! (6 – 13 years): Join us for a class that focuses on yoga practice and education. Great for homeschoolers/non-traditional schoolers. Drop-ins welcome!
Family Fitness Hours – Designed for 8-11 year olds to accompany their parents in the fitness center and workout under the direct supervision of their parents. Family fitness hours are the only time 8-11 year olds are allowed in the fitness center (except for Youth Fit). Tuesday/Thursday 11am-1pm, Saturday 3pm-6pm, Sunday 2pm-5pm
Youth Fit - Incorporates a warm-up along with body weight exercises. The class will also develop youth agility, balance and coordination. Youth Fit will finish with some stretches and yoga poses to increase flexibility. 8 – 11 years. Class meets in Group X Room B. Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30-5:10pm. Drop-in class.
Family Yoga – Saturday 9:30-10:15am
Family Dance – Friday 6:15-7:15pm
- Y Cooking: Indulge your senses with healthful, easy, and happy snacks. Cultivate the young chef in you!
- YouthFit: Build upon basic motor skills and teamwork through different games and activities designed to get children active and moving.
- Y PE: Students will rotate through a variety of sports and training disciplines with a focus on fundamental skills and team building.
- Y Yoga: Learn to move as you breathe in this class for the little yogis.
- Y Tumblers: Rock, roll, balance, and beam - Discover the little gymnast in you!
- Adaptive Sports: Designed to teach kids and teens basics of sports through the experience of using a wheelchair. Kids will participate in activities, sports games and team building exercises. Older teens may participate, through leadership roles.
Healthy Me (ages 3-5): In this 45 minutes class children will learn about making healthy choices and living a healthy lifestyle. Through games, songs, exercise and some cooking children will learn to develop healthy habits.
Fee-based programming (registration required):
- Yoga -Parent & Child: Help your child improve body awareness and coordination in a gentle, fun setting.
- Yoga -PreSchool: unite the mind, body and spirit while providing afun yoga practice and the freedom to express themselves creatively through music, dance.
Value-added programming (registration not required):
- Y Sports: Childwatch break out class -kids choice of sport game, soccer, basketball, football.