You are here
Join the Y!
When you join the Y, you become an integral part of a community that transforms lives! You also have access to 'Nationwide Membership' which enables you to visit ANY participating YMCA in the United States.
The Y is a nonprofit committed to helping everyone thrive at each stage of life. Our community brings together people of all abilities, ages, ethnicities, financial circumstances, genders, races, religions and sexual orientations. See below for rates, benefits, financial assistance info and more.
At the YMCA of Austin we are:
WELCOMING: We are open to all. We are a place where you can be, belong and become.
GENUINE: We value you and embrace your individuality.
HOPEFUL: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world.
NURTURING: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential.
DETERMINED: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger, beginning with you.
As a charitable organization with roots in Austin since 1953, the YMCA of Austin is open to all. We will not turn anyone away for an inability to pay. Annual Campaign contributions enable us to uphold that promise.
- Individual rates are $58/month. An Individual Membership is defined as a membership for one person 27 years of age or older.
- Young Adult Membership is $38/month. This membership is defined as someone 16-26 years of age.
- One-Adult Family Membership is $72/month. This membership includes one adult and all children under 23 years in the same household.
- Couple Membership is $76/month. This membership type includes two adults of the same household.
- Family Membership is $82/month. This membership is defined as two adults and all children under 23 years of age in the same household.
- Joining Fee: One-time join fee is applied to all Memberships. The join fee for Individual, Couple, One-Adult Family and Family Memberships is $48, which is divided into 3 payments of $16 each. The join fee for Young Adult Memberships is $15, which is divided into 3 payments of $5 each.
- Senior Promotion: One-time join fee is waived for members 65 years and older.
- Important Note: We also offer reduced Membership for All rates, for qualified applicants, that are based on household income. Please contact the membership staff at your nearest YMCA of Austin branch to discuss details. As a nonprofit organization, we will not turn anyone away due to inability to pay program or membership fees.
- *Bastrop YMCA membership rates vary from above. Learn more about Bastrop-only Membership Options.
Through the generosity of Y contributors, our goal is to have sufficient funds to ensure our Y remains available to all. Thanks to our generous donors to our Annual Campaign, we are able to make the Y accessible through our Financial Assistance Program. These gifts provide scholarships for individuals and families who want and need Y programs, but cannot afford them.
We are now offering an Unlimited Member Referral! Which for you means unlimited free membership!
Like peanut butter and jelly, friends and the YMCA go together. And when we get together, we create positive change in each other... and in our community. And now, when you refer a friend to join the Y, we'll waive their joining fee and you'll get a free month of membership after the third month of your friend's active membership.. . What's even better, there is no limit on how many friends you can refer or how many free months you can earn. Just take a friend to your nearest YMCA of Austin branch and you can get started. Refer more than one person and earn multiple months of free membership. No limit! No expiration date!
How to Redeem Refer-A-Friend Promotion:
1. Go to your local YMCA of Austin.
2. Tell the Welcome Center the name of the YMCA member who referred you.
3. Sign up for a YMCA of Austin Membership, and gain access to our eight area locations and to a community that supports you and embraces your individuality.
Refer a friend promo is not valid for online joins.
When you join any full-service YMCA of Austin branch, you are a member at all YMCA of Austin branches. Membership includes the following:
- Use of 5 facilities in Austin, 1 in Buda, 1 in Dripping Springs, 1 in Bastrop
- Free Child Watch while you exercise for Family and One-Adult Family members
- Free group exercise classes such as: aerobics/yoga/pilates/Zumba, etc
- Three free sessions of Y Active
- Reduced fees on programs -- including Swim Lessons, Youth Sports and Camp
- Family events
- Professional, nationally-certified fitness staff
- Year-round indoor swimming*
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Use of over 2,500 YMCAs across the U.S. through the Nationwide Membership Program.
We believe healthy employees are happy and productive employees. We offer incentives to companies and organizations that offer memberships to their employees and members. Learn more at our Corporate Wellness Hub.
- Guests are welcome at the YMCA, space permitting.
- Limit: one guest per active member.
- Three visits per guest per calendar year.
- One free visit, $10 a piece for following two visits.
- $25 for family guest pass.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member and have a picture ID.
- Membership cards must be scanned at the welcome center desk to access our facilities. The replacement fee for a lost card is $5.
- Membership in the YMCA of Austin is non-transferable.
- Membership is non-refundable.
- Membership may be frozen for documented medical reasons only. Please contact your branch Membership Director to place a membership on hold.
- If termination notification is submitted in writing within 30 days of the initial join date, the YMCA will refund the initial payment minus a $25 administration fee. A joining fee is required to rejoin the YMCA of Austin.
- Notification in writing ten (10) days prior to next billing date is required to terminate a membership. Faxes and e-mails to the Membership Director of your home branch are acceptable forms of termination as well as filling out the termination form at any YMCA of Austin location. You must receive a confirmation e-mail or letter to confirm the termination request was processed.
- Ten (10) days notice require to change a membership. This includes upgrades or downgrades of a membership type and billing changes.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children at all times. Children under the age of 12 years may not be left unattended in the facility. Unsupervised workouts using cardiovascular equipment or free weights is not permitted prior to age 16 years without a waiver signed by the legal guardian and completion of YMCA Branch fitness equipment orientation.
- Should any member debt not be honored by the member's credit card company or bank for any reason, the member is still responsible for that debt plus a service charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any service fee the member's credit card company or bank may charge. The membership is subject to termination if the debt is not paid.
- The YMCA is founded on Christian principles and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct.
- Click HERE for our Facility Guidelines
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States through membership at your “home” YMCA (your home Y is the local association that enrolled you as a member and collects your membership dues). We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our mission to strengthen communities.
- Nationwide Membership is valid for active, full facility YMCA members whose home Y participates without restriction or blackout periods
- Nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time
- Program-only participants (including Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit or other like programs) are not eligible for nationwide membership
- Special memberships established by any Y for group homes, other agencies, etc., are not eligible
- When visiting a Y, nationwide members will be required to show a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID as well as provide basic membership data such as name and email address
- Ys should allow nationwide members access to services typically offered to full-facility members. Check with the Y for schedule and availability. Nationwide members visiting other Ys for a period greater than 28 days must transfer membership affiliation for continued use
- All Ys reserve the right to restrict or revoke these privileges
- Registered sex offenders are prohibited from participating
If your home YMCA does not participate in Nationwide Membership, the YMCA of Austin will honor your membership with the following policy: Members visiting Austin are allowed 10 FREE visits a year, with $5 a visit after that.
SilverSneakers® is a preventative exercise program that enhances the quality of life for mature adults across the country. One of the largest senior-focused exercise program in the United States, this partnership between HCD and HMOs allows Medicare-eligible members of these health plans to participate in YMCA programs at no additional cost.
Silver & Fit®
Silver & Fit® provides eligible members with no-cost or low-cost fitness memberships through arrangements with certain health care plans. Silver & Fit is designed to help seniors achieve better health through regular exercise and health education. Visit SilverandFit.com for more information.
Optum® Fitness Advantage
Optum® Fitness Advantage is an easy way to keep your fitness routine fresh and fun. Get access to a variety of exercise classes, equipment and social activities. Optum Fitness Advantage is available at the Y for no additional cost to you as part of your healthcare plan.
AARP® Medicare Supplement
This location is participating in a program available to Texas residents who are insured members covered under an AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company (UnitedHealthcare).