You are here
Art and Drama
Our Youth Art and Drama programs empower, educate, and maximize the potential of emerging youth artists. Our classes are led by experienced instructors who create a stimulating atmosphere with lively activities, discussion and insightful feedback. We strive to create innovative performances, events, and programs that inspire, entertain, and reflect our diverse community.
- Exploring Art - Level 1: Have a budding artist? Does your child have an art set laying around and no idea how to use the pencils and paints inside? Bring them to our Art classes! Each class in this five week course will focus on a different medium (watercolors, pastels, pencil, etc.) and your child will learn how to use them. Expect new works of art coming home to be displayed on your walls! Time will also be spent discussing famous artists.
Level 2: Students will begin to work with multi week projects set by the teacher. Students will also get to contribute their ideas for their own projects. The students will be working on acrylic paint, clay, and pastel projects.
- VALUE ADDED:
- (No registration required)
- Y Art:
- Meet in the lobby for fun and creative crafts.
- Days/Times: Tuesdays 5:30-6:30pm
- Ages: 6-12
- Y Improv:
- Kids stretch their imagination and creativity through improvisational acting games. (Childwatch break out class- meet in Child Watch)
- Days/Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm
- Ages: 6-12
- (Registration required)
- Art Level I & II:
- Each month focus on a new art medium. Drawing, painting, oils & more.
- Parent and Me Art - Participants work on many projects that may include the use of watercolors, acrylic paint, finger paint, frame decorating, and more. Parent participation is required for this class. All participants must register, but registration for Parent and Me Art is FREE!!! Ages 3-4.
- Arts & Crafts - topics will be covered that may include but are not limited to practicing self-portrait collages and painting and learning about shapes, lines, textures, and perspective. Vision boards, watercolors, and found materials may also be covered. Ages 5-15.
Value Added Programs (registration through child-watch):
Parent – Child Art (18months – 4 years): Explore art, develop basic motor skills, and have fun with the family. One time supply fee associated for class.
Fee Based Programs(registration required):
Young World Artists (6 – 12 years): Travel the world through artistic expression! From Japanese origami to Peruvian weaving, we'll delve into other cultures by practicing and learning their artistic styles and techniques. Sewing basics will also be taught in the class.
- Art Explorers (5 -10 years): Explore the world of Art with Dorace, a retired art teacher with 23 years of experience. Participants will learn through mediums such as watercolor, pencil, pastels, acrylic and more! Each week is designed for participants to learn about an artist, the work of that artist, vocabulary, and any other terms they might come across using that medium. No materials needed to participate - just bring your creativity!
Musical Theater Tuesday 6pm Ages 8-14
The Musical Theater students will work collaboratively to explore vocal technique, plot development, stage acting skills, character-based song interpretation, blocking and choreography as they rehearse and perform an original devised work.
Art Horizons (ages 4-7): In this 45 minute class children will venture into exploring different cultures through art. A variety of materials and techniques will be explored including painting, paper crafts, collages and much more.
- HangTime: Get creative with artful projects in a colorful environment. Let your imagine be ignited. Now all wrapped into one HangTime session, we will be exploring a variety of youth activities ranging from crafts, nature projects, yoga and mindfulness, and active play, your little one is sure to have fun while learning something new each day.