You are here
Adventure Guides is open and welcoming to Y members and non-members from anywhere in Austin, at any level of camping experience. We offer camp outs in state parks all around Austin (usually campouts are no more than a 2 hour drive away), and other events within the city throughout the season. These fun activities include campouts at Inks Lake, Pedernales Falls, mini-Indy car building and racing, and many other fun group activities.
Please sign up for our Newsletter below to receive information regarding registration and upcoming events.
February 24 - 26: Campout at Buescher State Park
March 24 - 26: Campout at Enchanted Rock
April 21 - 23: Campout at Guadalupe River State Park
- Foster companionship and understanding; set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between parent and child.
- Build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth.
- Expand awareness of spirit, mind, and body.
- Provide a framework to meet the mutual needs of parents and children for spending enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together.
- Enhance the quality of family time.
- Emphasize the vital role that a parent plays in the growth and development of a child.
- Offer an important and unique opportunity to develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills.
- To be clean in body and pure in heart.
- To be friends forever with my dad/mom/son/daughter.
- To love the sacred circle of my family.
- To listen while others speak.
- To love my neighbor as myself.
- To respect the traditions and beliefs of all people.
- To seek and preserve the beauty of Our Creator's work.