The YMCA is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
For over 60 years, the YMCA of Austin has been here for the community, and we're here for good!
Of the $2.6 million we contributed to the Austin community in 2015, here's a snapshot of our IMPACT:
- More than 10,000 Austin-area kids have learned to swim and be safe in the water through YMCA Project SAFE, gaining a lifelong - and lifesaving - skill.
- More than 5,000 Austin-area families benefited from YMCA of Austin memberships through our Membership for All program.
- More than 10,000 young athletes learned teamwork, sportsmanship and healthy habits through Youth Sports, Dance, Gymnastics and Martial Arts at the Y.
- Over 150 Austin-area families have learned to eat right and be active together in our free MEND childhood obesity intervention program.
- 1 in 5 elementary school students in the Y Afterschool program benefited from financial assistance, providing a safe, enriching experience during out of school time.
- 1 in 4 kids in YMCA Camps benefited from financial assistance funds, providing enriching activities during summer and school holidays.
- More than 200 area students participated in YMCA Youth & Government District and State Conferences thanks to financial assistance funds.
100% of your donation impacts our community.
The YMCA of Austin is not just a gym, it is a community. We offer so much more than a traditional gym, here are some programs you may not know about: Senior Retreat, Diabetes Prevention, Youth & Government, Martial Arts, Show Choir, Gymnastics, Early Learning Readiness, Lifeguard Certification, Triathlon Training, Swim League, Track, Yoga/Pilates, Mothers Day Out, Homeschool Co-op, Special Needs Aquatics, Theater, Art, Teen Leaders Club and so much more!
Through our members and program participants, the YMCA of Austin reaches more than 100,000 people annually. Providing programs and services that nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster a sense of social responsibility. Through financial assistance, supported by your Annual Campaign donations, we have been able to provide Membership and Program scholarships to more than 40,000 people in the Austin area.