You are here
YMCA of Austin Summer Day Camp Registration
There is something for your camper at the YMCA of Austin this summer!
This summer, the YMCA of Austin will offer 20 camps across Travis, Hays, and Bastrop Counties including Kinder, Theme, Sports, and Trailblazer camps. All camps will offer swimming, field trips, games, crafts, and character development activities. Activities are based on the YMCA of Austin's character values (Respect, Responsibility, Honest, Faith, and Caring) and the Search Institute's 40 Developmental Assets.
Camps will operate from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm at designated schools, churches, and YMCA facilities. Campers will enjoy changing weekly themes, sports, and adventures as well as weekly field trips and twice weekly trips to the pool.
Enroll your camper today for a summer of achievement, relationships, and memories! Weekly sessions avialble. Registration for each week ends the Wednesday before.
- Kinder Camp (Ages 4-5): Caraway Elem (northwest); Clayton Elem (southwest); & Carpenter Hill (Buda)
- Theme Camp (Ages 5-12) Austin, Bastrop, Buda, Dripping Springs, Pflugerville, Manor
- Sports Camp (Ages 8-12) Fulmore Middle (central)
- Adventure Camp (Ages 11-14) Fulmore Middle (central); Spicewood Elem (northwest)
Dates: June 5 - August 23 (weekly sessions)
Four Easy Ways to Register:
- Online Registration (Select: Kinder, Theme, Sports, or Trailblazer Camp)
- In Person at Program Services; 3208 Red River St, Suite 100, Austin, Texas 78705
- By Mail to Program Services; 3208 Red River St, Suite 100, Austin, Texas 78705
- By Email to email@example.com (All enrollment forms must still be submitted)
Kinder Camp -- Kinder Camp is perfect for children who have not yet attended Kindergarten. Kinder Camp offers age-appropriate field trips, games, crafts, and books which emphasize changing weekly themes. This camp has a little more quiet time with all the fun and activities of Theme Camp.
Theme Camp -- Children will enjoy a different theme each week. Theme Camp offers kids new experiences mixed with old camp favorites. Campers thrive during various daily activities including organized games, arts and craft projects, exciting field trips, and swimming. Many activities will focus on the YMCA character values of Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, Caring, and Faith.
Sports Camp -- YMCA Sports Camp is a perfect destination for every child who enjoys playing sports and being active. YMCA Sports Camp introduces and emphasizes the fundamentals of sports to each child. From skills to drills to the importance of teamwork, Sports Camp provides a fun and supportive environment for athletes of all skill levels. Along with approximately four hours of sports drills, scrimmages, and sports activities each day, campers will also go swimming twice each week, take one field trip each week, and participate in sports-related crafts and character development activities.
Trailblazer Camp -- Designed for the mature and older school-aged kids, Trailblazer Camp offers greater opportunity for specific skill development. Most of the day will focus on the weekly topic while also offering a healthy dose of swimming, sports, arts and crafts, and field trips. An extra emphasis will be placed on team building and leadership skills this summer. Previous field trips have included McKinney Falls State Park, Wonder World, South Austin Rock Gym, and Enchanted Rock.
Financial Assistance Policy: YMCA of Austin programs and activities are designed to benefit persons of all backgrounds, and fees are based on the cost of providing each program. While participants are expected to pay their fair share, when financial assistance dollars are available, the YMCA will assist any individual or family that wants to participate but cannot afford the fee.
Financial Assistance is awarded on a first come, first served basis. Only completed applications will be accepted and reviewed. Funds are limited, and we recommend applying early.
What do I need to apply for Financial Assistance?
- 1) Completed Program Enrollment Form
- 2) Completed Financial Assistance Application
- 3) Most Recent Tax Return (*refer to the application's policy page if you do not file taxes)
- 4) Two most recent pay stubs
How can I submit my application?
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: 3208 Red River St. Suite 100, Austin, TX 78705
- By Mail: 3208 Red River St. Suite 100, Austin, TX 78705
For details on Summer Camp financial assistance, contact Ishmael Behrhorst, Outreach Coordinator, with questions and to apply.
Please visit our Summer Camp Page for the most up to date information or call us at 512-236-9622.