You are here
Y Afterschool Registration: 2019-2020 School Year Now Open
Y Afterschool Registration is Now Open
ABOUT Y AFTERSCHOOL The YMCA afterschool program is the ideal out-of-school time opportunity for your child to grow academically, emotionally, and physically. Y Afterschool offers a constructive balance of counselor led activities and free time for child exploration. Curriculum is aligned with the school standards and includes enrichment activities (arts, science/math, wellness & nutrition, leadership development, college & career readiness, service learning, global learning & inclusion, 21st Century skills, and literacy). In addition, the YMCA of Austin provides CATCH physical activity curriculum, time for homework, a nutritious daily snack, and outside-playground time. At Y Afterschool, children will learn new skills, build relationships, and find their sense of belonging.
As with all YMCA programs, afterschool staff emphasize and model the YMCA five core character values (respect, responsibility, honesty, faith, and caring), and the Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets. Participants gain confidence, explore new areas of interest, and make new friends in a safe and nurturing environment.
Y AFTERSCHOOL DETAILS
- Care from school dismissal until 6:30pm daily;
- Care provided Monday - Friday;
- All early release days and most school holidays included in your monthly fees;
- Affordable monthly rates and financial assistance available;
- Accepts CCS families.
- $0 from April 8 - 14 for current Y Afterschool participant only. Online registration only. Link will be emailed to you directly.
- $15 / child from April 15 - 30.
- $30 / child from May 1 - May 31.
- $50 / child from June 1 - August 5.
WHEN CAN MY CHILD START?
For schools with start dates on or after August 12th:
- If you register by 8/5, your child may start on the first day of school.
- If you register from 8/6 through 8/11, your child may start on August 26th.
- If you register from 8/12 through 8/18, your child may start on September 3rd.
- If you register on or after 8/19, depending on availability, your child may start on September 9th.
All parents may register in any of the following ways:
- Austin ISD South (Baranoff & Cowan)
- Austin ISD East
- Hays CISD (Carpenter Hill & Negley)
- Manor ISD
- Round Rock ISD
- UT Elementary
2. By Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with scanned forms)
3. In Person at your child's school, from 4:30-6:30pm with your YMCA Program Director
- Monday, April 15th: Baranoff, Blackshear, Guerrero-Thompson, Laurel Mtn, Negley, Pioneer Crossing, ShadowGlen, Spicewood, UT Elem
- Tuesday, April 16th: Caraway, Cowan, Jollyville, Lagos, Manor, Oak Meadows, Ridgetop, Uphaus
- Wed, April 17th: Blake Manor, Bluebonnet, Canyon Creek, Carpenter Hill, IDEA Montopolis, IDEA Rundberg, Pres Meadows,
4. In Person at 3208 Red River, Suite 100; Austin, TX 78705
5. By Mail to 3208 Red River, Suite 100; Austin, TX 78705
For questions, please call 512-236-9622 or email the Program Services YMCA.
For more information about Y Afterschool, please visit here.