You are here
A Matter of Balance: Starting Feb. 8
Are you an older adult that is concerned about falls?
You can reduce your risk in A Matter of Balance- a FREE workshop series!
A Matter of Balance is a fun and dynamic course that emphasizes practical strategies to reduce fear of falling and increase activity levels. Participants learn to view falls and fear of falling as controllable, set realistic goals to increase activity, change their environment to reduce fall risk factors, and exercise to increase strength and balance.
Participants learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks
- Exercise for strength and balance
Who should attend? ANYONE:
- Concerned about falls
- Interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Who has restricted activities due to fears and concerns about falling
- Dates of Session: February 8th - April 5th
- Time: Fridays from 1-3pm
Ways to sign up:
- Online at this REGISTRATION LINK
- Call us at 512.933.9622, or
- Email Lauren at Lauren.Milius@AustinYMCA.org
Brought to you by:
- AGE of Central Texas
- CaregiverU: A program of Age of Central Texas
- CaregiverU funding is provided through a generous donation from the St. David's Foundation