You are here
Empowering Caregivers of Older Adults
This series of six classes is designed to empower family caregivers of older adults to take better care of themselves. The tools learned from Powerful Tools for Caregivers benefit caregivers by developing a wealth of self-care strategies to better handle the unique challenges faced by family caregivers. The evidence-based curriculum of Powerful Tools Caregivers was developed by Dr. Kate Lorig and her colleagues at Stanford University and has benefited more than 80,000 caregivers nation-wide.
You will learn:
- Identify and reduce personal stress
- Communitcate feelings, needs and concerns
- Take care of you
- Communitcate more effectively during challenging situations
Who Should Attend?
- Caring for a loved one.
- Looking for caregiving resources and needing caregiving guidence.
- Wanting to master caregiving decisions and learn from emotions.
Location: Elgin Public Library