You are here
Boo! We are on Snapchat!
Boo! We’re on Snapchat!
We’re celebrating the season with a brand new way to connect. Follow us on Snapchat to see what we’re up to at branches across our association in real-time!
Snapchat is the fastest-growing social network and its updates happen even quicker. To help make connecting easier, we’ve put together a few helpful tips to ensure you catch all the Y fun as soon as it happens.
Snapchat Pro Tips
- If you don’t already have Snapchat, download the app for free in the App Store or on Google Play.
- Once downloaded, open Snapchat and get acquainted with its features with the mini tutorial that will automatically begin. For more basic tips on how to use Snapchat, visit this link.
- Once the app is opened, click the ghost icon at the top of your home screen and select “Add Friends”.
- To add the YMCA of Austin as a friend, you may enter our username, austinymca or capture our Snapcode (see Snapcode image below).
- To capture our Snapcode, open up the camera feature in Snapchat and put the YMCA of Austin Snapcode in your camera frame. Once in frame, hold your finger down on the Snapcode and you will be prompted to add the YMCA of Austin as a friend.
- Confirm “Add Friend” and start watching our snaps!
We’ll be sure to let you know when we’re snapping fun events, but it’s best to check Snapchat daily to ensure you don’t miss anything.
See you on Snapchat!