You are here
Giving thanks for you
Dear YMCA members and friends,
In this season of gratitude, we at the Y want to take time to give thanks for you. Whatever branch you call home, whatever Y program you call your own, it would not be the same without you.
Purpose is so important in life. So, we want you to know that by being part of the nonprofit organization we call the Y, you are part of a something big and meaningful. Last year alone, the YMCA of Austin (that means YOU) served:
- 13,509 kids in Early Learning, Afterschool, Child Watch and Educational Enrichment programs
- 16,633 active youth in Sports, Dance and Gymnastics
- 11,732 safer swimmers through Swim Lessons, Project SAFE and Swim ATX
- 7,392 future leaders through Internships, Youth & Government, Lifeguard Certification and more
- In the Y’s commitment to being “For All,” we awarded $2.6 million in financial assistance and fed 25,000 kids through our Year-Round and Summer Meal programs. (Click here for even more about the impact of your Y community.)
Yesterday, I shared coffee in the TownLake lobby with one of our longtime members. He pointed at the front page of the newspaper and said, “It’s all bad news.” I sighed and smiled. “I feel you,” I said. “And this is why the Y is here – to be the positive place that we all need.”
Thank you, Y Members and Supporters, for helping us create a place of caring and health, where people of all ages and backgrounds can be together. Every day in Y branches and programs, we are practicing the Y Voice – Welcoming, Genuine, Hopeful, Nurturing and Determined – so we may each share it everywhere we go. The world needs that. And the Y needs you.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Sending our heartfelt thanks from the YMCA team,
Rev. Erin Walter, Community Engagement Director
Forest Bathing at YMCA Camp Moody with Melanie Choukas-Bradley
YMCA Camp Moody Hosts Melanie Choukas-Bradley at Central Library Author Talk
Bastrop Kindness Rocks Project
Bastrop Rising Stars
The Y Visits Austin Humane Society
Check out the new Avery O mural in TownLake Child Watch!
Meet the Y: Beth Launius
The Gift of Holding Space for All
Camp Cooking: Better Together Bars
Texas Gives this Holiday Season