You are here
12 Holiday Happenings at the Y!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! There’s lots of things going and room for heart growing with holiday cheer. Join your YMCA friends for a December to remember. This month is packed full of family-friendly events and celebrations for all ages to enjoy. Stop by one or all of your favorite events during the holiday season.
- First Friday Art Walk | Friday, December 7th from 5:30 to 8:30pm | The Bastrop Y will be taking part in December's First Friday Art Walk. We are hoping to Make Spirits Bright by having some fun with Santa! We have an evening of excitement for you to enjoy! Learn more!
- Holiday Drop & Shop (Parent's Night Out) | Saturday, December 15th from 5 to 9pm | FREE to members for December! Here at the Bastrop Y, we want to help you achieve your goals. That's why we are offering Holiday Drop and Shop! Drop your children off with us for dinner, activities and a movie, while YOU go to that Holiday Party or finish up your last minute shopping! We want to be here for YOU! Below is a schedule of our Holiday Drop & Shop evening. Register today!
East Communities Y:
- 2nd Annual Holiday Marketplace | Saturday, December 8th from 10am to 2pm | Get all your best holiday shopping out of the way in one go and support local businesses! Stop by, sip a cup of free coffee, and enjoy perusing a variety of fantastic vendors including local artists, craftsmen, and small local businesses at our 2nd Annual Holiday Marketplace! Whether it's lipstick, jewelry, or home decor you're looking for, you'll find that and everything in between! RSVP
- 183 South Holiday Festival | Saturday, December 8th from 2pm to 5pm | 183 South is hosting a Community Holiday Festival to thank our neighbors for their patience during construction. Be our guest on Saturday, December 8 at the East Communities YMCA for family fun and activities! Activities include: face painting, video games, fun photo booth, cookie decorating, turkey giveaways, hot dogs and popcorn, holly holiday prize stroll, not your grandma's bingo games and local artist craft show. Learn more!
- Polar Express Parent's Night Out | Saturday, December 15th from 5 to 9pm | Join us for the last Parent’s Night Out event of the year! This Polar Express themed night will be filled with fun activities, include cookie decorating, making a holiday placemat craft, and a take home gift surprise! As always, there will be dinner and a movie. Featuring a showing of The Polar Express, with the added treats of popcorn, hot chocolate, and apple cider! Register today!
Hays Communities Y:
- Breakfast with Santa | Saturday, December 8th at 9:30am | Hays Communities YMCA kicks off the season of giving with a pancake breakfast, arts and crafts, and 400 square feet of snow! We'll be joined by the big man himself, Santa Claus, so be sure to bring your wish list! Join us for all-you-can-eat pancakes and juice, and let the kids play in our winter wonderland where the weather forecast calls for snow! We'll have festive arts and crafts your family can take home, and we'll also have crafts you can send to people and organizations in the community to brighten the season for folks who could use some cheer. This event is free and open to the public. Please RSVP HERE so we know how many pancakes to cook!
Northwest Family Y:
- Not-So Silent Night | Friday, December 8th from 6:30 to 8:30pm | A holiday night in with the family hosted by the Northwest Family YMCA. There will be a Hot Chocolate bar, pictures with Santa, and a Cookie decorating competition. Bring your whole family, and a non-perishable food item and celebrate the season with us! Wear your favorite Holiday pajamas.
- Holiday HIIT Bootcamp | December 4th - 20th from 6 to 7pm | Get ready to beat the holidays to the punch. This is a revolutionary 3-week express program that combines Bootcamp fitness with high-intensity interval training to give you the most out of each workout. You will boost your metabolism and keep burning calories for hours after each workout. Register today!
- Winter Holiday Camp | Winter break is a wonderful time of year. To best prepare, now is the time to think about what your kids will be doing during their two weeks off from school. Well, the YMCA of Austin has the answer! Registration is open until December 19th! All activities are based on the Y's character development values and the Search Institute's 40 Developmental Assets. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your camper is enjoying enrichment activities under the watchful eyes of trained YMCA counselors. Your camper will make new friends, gain confidence, and expand their horizons. Register today!
Southwest Family Y:
- Cookies with Santa | Saturday, December 15th at 12:30pm | Join us on Saturday, December 15th from 12:30pm-2:30pm for our annual Cookies With Santa event. Watch us transform the basketball gym into a holiday wonderland. Activities will include: letter writing, arts & crafts, cookie decorating, holiday bingo, a visit with Santa and holiday cheer.
Springs Family Y:
- Holiday Cookie Festival | Saturday, December 8th from 9:30am to 1:30pm | Come join us for our Annual Cookie festival. This is an event for the whole community. We will have lots of fun activities for the children as well as some fun for the adults. Activities include: cookies, pictures with Santa, moonbounce, games, face painting, crafts and lots more fun. Cookies and pictures with Santa are available for purchase. All funds raised support our Annual Giving Campaign.
- Carols, Cookies & Cocoa With Santa | Friday, December 21 from 10am to 12pm | Join us for the TownLake YMCA's annual winter break kickoff party, with Santa, cookies, cocoa, station for making Christmas cards, and more. Bring your kids and get in the spirit of the season with us! RSVP
Zumba Gold: A First-Timer's Testimonial
5 Spring Crafts for Toddlers
Chaplain's corner: Sending love to our Muslim members and staff
Meet the Y: Eleesha Mandeles
Y Featured Class: Women With Weights
Yoga for Kids: Beneficial for the Whole Family
10 Free Family Activities for March
Campaign's True Meaning
Chaplain's Corner: YMCA impact and the Spirit of Giving
Meet the Y: Performer and playwright Florinda Bryant