- Program Search
- Adult Sports & Youth Sports
- Adventure Guides
- Afterschool Care
- Child Care & Early Learning
- Dance Classes
- Health & Wellness
- Lifeguard Certification
- Martial Arts
- Personal Training
- Senior Programs
- Swimming - Aquatics for Adults
- Swimming - Aquatics for Youth
- Teen Programs
- Triathlon Training
- Youth Programs
- About Us
The YMCA of Austin supports healthy lifestyles by reaching out to and engaging all those who seek well-being of spirit, mind and body. Whether a beginner or veteran, we have the yoga class for you. Blending mind and body fitness, participants develop strength and flexibility. Easy-moving attire encouraged.
Our seven Y branches in Travis & Hays Counties offer dozens of yoga classes of all varieties each week. Check the branch group exercise schedules below to find a class that's convenient for you.
Classes are FREE for Y members. Registration not necessary. Guests may visit the Y up to 3 times per year and attend classes, space permitting. Download Guest Pass
Guidelines for Yoga Classes
- Wear apparel appropriate for exercise like leotards, footless tights, shorts, bike shorts. Feet must be bare. Sticky yoga/Pilates mats are available but for hygienic reasons, we encourage you to bring your own.
- Wait at least two hours after a meal before practicing yoga. Please let the instructor know if you are dealing with any special injuries or conditions including pregnancy.
- Feel free to discuss with the instructor before or after class, any concerns about pain, discomfort, feeling, etc.
- Please do not wear strong scents to class.
Power Yoga Class
A rigorous workout that develops strength, flexibility, and helps create a lean, total body while keeping students on the move. It combines a series of flowing postures with rhythmic breathing for an intense body-mind workout. Power yoga is directed at creating the highest level of energy, vitality and freedom.
Beginning Yoga Class
Experience the gentle approach for creating balance and harmony in the body, mind and spirit. In this class, students will be introduced to the principles of alignment, breath work and relaxation. A series of gentle primary postures and yoga basics are taught - with an emphasis on increasing flexibility, stretching, lengthening the spine, and reducing tension.
Quigong Yoga Class
Quigong is characterized by soft, flowing movements that emphasize force, rather than brute strength. Soft, slow and flowing movements, incorporating relaxation, breathing and balance.
Senior Yoga Class
A gentle yet energizing program of yoga exercises and breathing, designed for seniors, M.S. sufferers, or anyone who wants to work on flexibility and strength without standing for long periods or sitting on the floor. Class is seated in chairs or on stability balls.