- Program Search
- Adventure Guides
- Afterschool Care
- Teen Programs
- Child Care & Early Learning
- Dance Classes
- Health & Wellness
- Senior Programs
- Teen Programs
- Triathlon Training
- Youth Programs
- About Us
YMCA Adventure Guides is a nationwide YMCA parent/child programs designed for boys and girls aged 4-16. The Adventure Guides experience enables parents and kids to have fun while sharing new, healthy, learning adventures. Spending quality one-on-one time as a family will help build a strong bond of trust and memories that will last a lifetime. Become part of a program that’s committed to helping you and your family grow stronger together.
Programs are offered at TownLake Y, Hays Communities Y, Northwest Family Y and Southwest Y. This exciting program offers fun and creative activities, including campouts at Bastrop State Park, Enchanted Rock and McKinney Falls, mini-Indy car building, bowling, scavenger hunts and more.
Learn more about what the YMCA of Austin's Adventure Guides can offer HERE!
2013-2014 Activity Calendar
August 17: FREE Picnic & Info Session @ Krause Springs
September 20-22: Inks Lake 2013 NW Inks Lake Campout Pictures
October 18-20: Pedernales Falls
November 22-24: Stephen F. Austin
December: Holiday Party!
January: Derby Car Making
February 21-23: Buescher State Park
March 21-23: Enchanted Rock
April 25-27: Garner State Park
May Retreat: Location TBA
- Foster companionship and understanding; set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between parent and child.
- Build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth.
- Expand awareness of spirit, mind, and body.
- Provide a framework to meet the mutual needs of parents and children for spending enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together.
- Enhance the quality of family time.
- Emphasize the vital role that a parent plays in the growth and development of a child.
- Offer an important and unique opportunity to develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills.
- To be clean in body and pure in heart.
- To be friends forever with my dad/mom/son/daughter.
- To love the sacred circle of my family.
- To listen while others speak.
- To love my neighbor as myself.
- To respect the traditions and beliefs of all people.
- To seek and preserve the beauty of Our Creator's work.
Register Online or Contact
Lauren Jackson - Youth & Family Director
Omar Santos - Senior Program Director
Hays Communities YMCA
Jay Heinrich - Youth & Famly Director
Southwest Family YMCA
Joe McNeeley - Youth & Family Director