- Program Search
- Adult Sports & Youth Sports
- Adventure Guides
- Afterschool Care
- Child Care & Early Learning
- Dance Classes
- Health & Wellness
- Lifeguard Certification
- Martial Arts
- Personal Training
- Senior Programs
- Swimming - Aquatics for Adults
- Swimming - Aquatics for Youth
- Teen Programs
- Triathlon Training
- Youth Programs
- About Us
Join in great adventures with your kids! YMCA Adventure Guides and Trail Blazers are national YMCA parent/child programs designed for boys and girls aged 4-16. The Adventure Guides experience enables parents and kids to have fun while sharing new, healthy, learning adventures. Spending quality one-on-one time with your child will help build a strong bond of trust and memories that will last a lifetime.
Join the YMCA Adventure Guides and become part of a program that’s committed to helping you and your family grow stronger together. Programs are offered at TownLake Y, Hays Communities Y, Northwest Family Y and Southwest Y. This exciting program offers fun and creative activities, including campouts at Bastrop State Park, Enchanted Rock and McKinney Falls, mini-Indy car building, bowling, scavenger hunts and more.
Join in the journey and REGISTER for the 2012-2013 Adventure Guides program online, by mail, fax or in-person at any YMCA of Austin location.
Northwest Family YMCA : 2012-13 Registration Form
NW Inks Lake Campout Pictures
2012-2013 Activity Calendars
- Aug 18: Kickoff event at TownLake YMCA
- Sept 14-16: Inks Lake State Park
- Oct 19-21: Pedernales Falls State Park
- Nov 9-11: Bastrop State Park
- Dec 8: YMCA Children’s Xmas Party (Volunteer Opportunity)
- Jan: Indy Car making
- Feb: TBA
- Mar: 22-24 Enchanted Rock
- April: 19-21 Colorado Bend State Park
- May: Retreat
- Sept 14-18: Inks Lake Campout
- Oct 19-21: Pedernales Falls Campout
- Nov 9-11: Bastrop Campout
- Dec 8 : YMCA Children's Christmas Party
- Jan: Mini Indy Car Design & Construction
- Feb 22-24: MCKinney Falls
- March 22-24 : Enchanted Rock Campout
- April 19-21: Colorado Bend Campout
- May 17-19: Mo Ranch Retreat
- Jul 18: Program Registration Opens.
- Sept 16: Park and Ride
- Oct 14-16: Pedernales Falls State Park
- Nov 18-20: Indoor Bowling
- Dec 8: YMCA Children's Christmas Party (Volunteer Opportunity)
- Jan: Indy car making
- Feb 17-18: John Knox Ranch
- Mar 23: Zilker Park Scavenger Hunt
- April 27-29: Enchanted Rock State Park
- May: Mo Ranch Retreat
- AUG 25: Program registration opens and Kickoff Event- Southwest YMCA: 10am-1pm
- SEPT 14-16: Inks Lake State Park
- OCT 19-21: Pedernales Falls State Park
- NOV 09-11: Bastrop State Park
- DEC: Volunteer event at the Y Children’s Christmas Party
- JAN: 26:Creation event-Derby Cars
- FEB 17-19: Palmetto State Park (Derby Car Race)
- MAR 22-24: Guadalupe River State Park
- APR 19-21: Enchanted Rock
- MAY: 17-19: Mo Ranch Retreat
Adventure Guides - Purpose
- Foster companionship and understanding; set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between parent and child.
- Build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth.
- Expand awareness of spirit, mind, and body.
- Provide a framework to meet the mutual needs of parents and children for spending enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together.
- Enhance the quality of family time.
- Emphasize the vital role that a parent plays in the growth and development of a child.
- Offer an important and unique opportunity to develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills.
- To be clean in body and pure in heart.
- To be friends forever with my dad/mom/son/daughter.
- To love the sacred circle of my family.
- To listen while others speak.
- To love my neighbor as myself.
- To respect the traditions and beliefs of all people.
- To seek and preserve the beauty of Our Creator's work.
1100 W. Cesar Chavez
Austin, TX 78703
Youth & Family Director
5807 McNeil Dr.
Austin, TX 78729
Senior Program Director
Hays Communities YMCA
465 Buda Sportsplex Dr.
Buda, TX 78610
Southwest Family YMCA
6219 Oakclaire Dr.
Austin, TX 78735