- Program Search
- Adult Sports & Youth Sports
- Adventure Guides
- Afterschool Care
- Child Care & Early Learning
- Dance Classes
- Health & Wellness
- Lifeguard Certification
- Martial Arts
- Personal Training
- Senior Programs
- Swimming - Aquatics for Adults
- Swimming - Aquatics for Youth
- Teen Programs
- Triathlon Training
- Youth Programs
- About Us
The YMCA is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
For 60 years, the YMCA of Austin has been here for the community and here for good.
Of the $2.5 million we contributed to the Austin community in 2012, here's a snapshot of our IMPACT:
- More than $31,000 helped MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It!) program participants put healthy lifestyle lessons into practice.
- More than $150,000 supported 1 in 5 kids through the YMCA of Austin Afterschool program.
- More than $33,000 enabled LIVESTRONG at the YMCA cancer survivor participants to rebuild spirit, mind and body.
- More than $356,000 provided assistance to 1 in 4 kids for summer camp.
- More than $55,000 funded Youth & Family and Aquatics program scholarships - strengthening family bonds and providing the life-long skill of swimming.
- More than $1.6 million provided Membership scholarships to more than 45,000 people in Austin.
The YMCA of Austin is not just a gym, it is a community. We offer so much more than a traditional gym, here are some programs you may not know about: Senior Retreat, Diabetes Prevention, Youth & Government, Martial Arts, Show Choir, Gymnastics, Early Learning Readiness, Lifeguard Certification, Triathlon Training, Swim League, Track, Yoga/Pilates, Mothers Day Out, Homeschool Co-op, Special Needs Aquatics, Theater, Art, Teen Leaders Club and so much more!
Through our members and program participants, the YMCA of Austin reaches more than 100,000 people annually. Providing programs and services that nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster a sense of social responsibility. Through financial assistance, supported by your Partner of Youth (POY) donations, we have been able to provide Membership scholarships to more than 45,000 people in the Austin area.
For the 2013 YMCA of Austin Partner of Youth Campaign (POY) our GOAL is $1.04 million. The POY campaign kicks off on January 22 and wraps up on March 7. We have 6 short but critical weeks to reach our goal. Help us cross the finish line strong and victorious!
HOW YOU CAN HELP IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY
There are 3 simple ways you can help us reach our goal and profoundly impact your community.
- CAMPAIGN. Join us in our cause to strenghten community by becoming a POY Campaigner and raising funds for the YMCA
- SHARE. Your stories are our history. Share your Y story and experiences with us.
- DONATE. Here are a few ways your donations will help change our community:
- $50 can give a new swimmer a session of swim lessons, ensuring a lifetime of fun and safety in the water
- $100 provides a child one week of camp - creating life-changing experiences
- $250 funds LIVESTRONG at the YMCA for one cancer survivor and helps rebuild spirit, mind and body
- $500 send 25 teen to Youth & Government and fuels dreams that will shape a lifetime
- $500 can give an entire Youth Sports team a season to build confidence, teamwork and healthy habits
- $1,000 provides a semester of Afterschool child care for one child and a place to learn, grow and thrive