- Program Search
- Adult Sports & Youth Sports
- Adventure Guides
- Afterschool Care
- Child Care & Early Learning
- Dance Classes
- Health & Wellness
- Lifeguard Certification
- Martial Arts
- Personal Training
- Senior Programs
- Swimming - Aquatics for Adults
- Swimming - Aquatics for Youth
- Teen Programs
- Triathlon Training
- Youth Programs
- About Us
Join the Y Today!
Join a Community, Not Just a Gym
May Membership Special: Join the YMCA of Austin through May 31 and pay no Joining Fee - that's a $48 savings!
When you join the YMCA, you're joining a diverse community of people committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
No matter where you are in Austin, you are near a YMCA. The YMCA of Austin has eight facilities in the Greater Austin area. Additionally, our Program Services Branch offers day camps, after school care, Youth & Government and a variety of special events in dozens of sites throughout Travis and Hays Counties.
The YMCA has a solution for your family's health, fitness, childcare and sports needs, and the solution is right down the street.
When you join any full-service YMCA of Austin branch, you are a member at all YMCA of Austin branches. Membership includes the following:
- Use of 5 facilities in Austin, 1 in Buda, 1 in Dripping Springs and 1 in Bastrop
- Nursery care
- Free group classes/aerobics
- Family events
- Professional fitness staff
- Year-round swimming
- State of the art equipment
- Personal training
- Reduced fees on programs
- Click here for branch amenity guide
- Use of over 2,500 YMCAs across the U.S. through the AWAY program
- And through our special Triangle Membership, YMCA of Austin members have access to four YMCA of Greater Williamson County branches as well - at no extra cost to you!
(Note: Triangle membership privileges do not include use of Child Watch or Teen Center.)
Men's and Women's Individual rates are $56/month. An Individual Membership is defined as a membership for one person 16 years of age or older.
A One-Adult Family Membership is $68/month. This membership includes one adult and all children under 23 years in the same household.
A Couple Membership is $72/month. This membership type includes two adults of the same household.
A Family Membership is $78/month. This membership is defined as two adults and all children under 23 years of age in the same household.
Important Note: We also offer reduced Membership for All rates, for qualified applicants, that are based on household income. Please contact the membership staff at your nearest YMCA of Austin branch to discuss details. As a nonprofit organization, we will not turn anyone away due to inability to pay program or membership fees.
Bastrop YMCA membership rates vary from above. Please contact Bastrop Y directly for more information - 512-321-9622.
- Membership cards must be scanned at the welcome center desk to access our facilities. The replacement fee for a lost card is $5.
- Membership in the YMCA of Austin is non-transferable.
- Membership is non-refundable.
- Membership may be frozen for documented medical reasons only. Please contact your branch Membership Director to place a membership on hold.
- If termination notification is submitted in writing within thirty (30) days of the initial join date, the YMCA will refund the initial payment minus a $25 administration fee. A joining fee is required to rejoin the YMCA of Austin.
- Notification in writing thirty (30) days prior to next billing date is required to terminatea membership. Faxes and e-mails to the Membership Director of your home branch are acceptable forms of termination as well as filling out the termination form at any YMCA of Austin location. You must receive a confirmation e-mail or letter to confirm the termination request was processed.
- Thirty (30) days notice require to change a membership. This includes upgrades or downgrades of a membership type and billing changes.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children at all times. Children under the age of 12 years may not be left unattended in the facility. Unsupervised workouts using cardiovascular equipment or free weights is not permitted prior to age 16 years without a waiver signed by the legal guardian and completion of YMCA Branch fitness equipment orientation.
- Should any member debt not be honored by the member's credit card company or bank for any reason, the member is still responsible for that debt plus a service charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any servce fee the member's credit card company or bank may charge. The membership is subject to termination if the debt is not paid.
- The YMCA is founded on Christian principles and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct.
Guest Pass Policy
- Guests are welcome at the YMCA, space permitting.
- Limit: one guest per active member.
- Three visits per guest per calendar year.
- One free visit, $10 a piece for following two visits.
- $25 for family guest pass.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member and have a picture ID.
AWAY means Always Welcome At the YMCA.
When you join the YMCA of Austin, you become part of a national movement of 18.1 million members in more than 2,400 YMCAs. Because each YMCA is autonomous, not-for-profit, and not a franchise, local YMCA policies vary on the use of equipment, facilities, services and program by visiting members from out-of-town or from nearby YMCAs. If you plan to visit another YMCA, it is a good idea to call that YMCA about visiting member policies.
To find a YMCA nearest where you are visiting go to the YMCA Locator at www.ymca.net
YMCA Members visiting Austin are allowed 10 FREE visits a year, with $5 a visit after that.
Military Outreach Initiative
The Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense Outreach Initiative offers YMCA memberships to eligible military families and personnel who may not have access to a nearby military facility. Eligible military families and personnel include:
- Family member of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty families who live in one of the selected Joint Bases created by the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) process (contact Military OneSource for a list of eligble Joint Bases)
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families as approved by their Military Service Headquarters
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel
- Note: Eligibilty is for Title 10 personnel only.
- The Department of Defense will underwrite memberships at participating YMCAs for an initial six-month period for each eligible family and service member. Membership renewals in subsequent six-month intervals (up to 12 or 18 months depending on eligibility) will be funded based on military family's or service member's ability to meet the participation requirement of 8 visits to a YMCA each month.
Getting Started - To receive membership benefits from the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, eligible military families and personnel should follow these steps:
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or call 800-342-9647 to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other documentation (generally your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to any YMCA of Austin branch for verification.
Financial Assistance Policy
YMCA of Austin programs and activities are designed to benefit all persons, and fees are based on the cost of providing each program. While participants are expected to pay their fair share, when financial assistance dollars are available the YMCA will assist any individual or family that wants to participate but cannot afford the fee.
Corporate and Group Memberships
We believe healthy employees are happy and productive employees. We offer incentives to companies and organizations that offer memberships to their employees and members. For information, contact the membership director at any branch.
Click HERE for our Corporate Wellness 1-Sheet, with details on what we have to offer employers, employees and other large groups.
Child Watch Facilities
All YMCA branches provide child watch care during specified hours. Hours and policies differ at each facility. Contact your local branch for hours.