The YMCA has a solution for your family's health, fitness, childcare and sports needs, and the solution is right down the street.
Get in shape for summer with a membership at the YMCA of Austin and save! Join by May 31st and we’ll waive the $48 registration fee!
The coming heat in Austin means a lot of days on TownLake, Barton Springs or your neighborhood pool, and there’s no better place to get in summer shape than at the YMCA. Join today and you get access to our eight area locations, which offer strength rooms, pools, basketball courts, saunas, yoga and Pilates classes, and so much more!
When you join any full-service YMCA of Austin branch, you are a member at all YMCA of Austin branches. Membership includes the following:
- Use of 5 facilities in Austin, 1 in Buda, 1 in Dripping Springs and 1 in Bastrop
- Free Child Watch while you exercise for Family and One-Adult Family members
- Free group classes/aerobics
- Free FitStart sessions with a Personal Fitness Coach
- Reduced fees on programs -- including Youth Sports and Summer Camp
- Family events
- Professional fitness staff
- Year-round swimming
- State of the art equipment
- Click here for branch amenity guide
- Use of over 2,500 YMCAs across the U.S. through the AWAY program
- And through our special Triangle Membership, YMCA of Austin members have access to four YMCA of Greater Williamson County branches as well - at no extra cost to you!
(Note: Triangle membership privileges do not include use of Child Watch or Teen Center.)
Men's and Women's Individual rates are $57/month. An Individual Membership is defined as a membership for one person 27 years of age or older.
A Young Adult Membership is $36/month. This membership is defined as someone 16-26 years of age.
A One-Adult Family Membership is $70/month. This membership includes one adult and all children under 23 years in the same household.
A Couple Membership is $74/month. This membership type includes two adults of the same household.
A Family Membership is $80/month. This membership is defined as two adults and all children under 23 years of age in the same household.
Become a donor! Add a donation of any amount to your monthly membership draft to become a YMCA of Austin supporter. Your membership fees go toward facilities and staff - 100% of your donation will go toward supporting community programs through the Annual Campaign. Donate today and help us provide Greater Austin with enriching programs to those in need.
Joining Fee: One-time join fee is applied to all Memberships. The join fee for Individual, Couple, One-Adult Family and Family Memberships is $48, which is divided into 3 payments of $16 each. The join fee for Young Adult Memberships is $15, which is divided into 3 payments of $5 each.
Important Note: We also offer reduced Membership for All rates, for qualified applicants, that are based on household income. Please contact the membership staff at your nearest YMCA of Austin branch to discuss details. As a nonprofit organization, we will not turn anyone away due to inability to pay program or membership fees.
Bastrop YMCA membership rates vary from above. Please contact Bastrop Y directly for more information - 512-321-9622.
- Membership cards must be scanned at the welcome center desk to access our facilities. The replacement fee for a lost card is $5.
- Membership in the YMCA of Austin is non-transferable.
- Membership is non-refundable.
- Membership may be frozen for documented medical reasons only. Please contact your branch Membership Director to place a membership on hold.
- If termination notification is submitted in writing within thirty (30) days of the initial join date, the YMCA will refund the initial payment minus a $25 administration fee. A joining fee is required to rejoin the YMCA of Austin.
- Notification in writing thirty (30) days prior to next billing date is required to terminate a membership. Faxes and e-mails to the Membership Director of your home branch are acceptable forms of termination as well as filling out the termination form at any YMCA of Austin location. You must receive a confirmation e-mail or letter to confirm the termination request was processed.
- Thirty (30) days notice require to change a membership. This includes upgrades or downgrades of a membership type and billing changes.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children at all times. Children under the age of 12 years may not be left unattended in the facility. Unsupervised workouts using cardiovascular equipment or free weights is not permitted prior to age 16 years without a waiver signed by the legal guardian and completion of YMCA Branch fitness equipment orientation.
- Should any member debt not be honored by the member's credit card company or bank for any reason, the member is still responsible for that debt plus a service charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any service fee the member's credit card company or bank may charge. The membership is subject to termination if the debt is not paid.
- The YMCA is founded on Christian principles and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct.
- Click HERE for our Facility Guidelines
Guest Pass Policy
- Guests are welcome at the YMCA, space permitting.
- Limit: one guest per active member.
- Three visits per guest per calendar year.
- One free visit, $10 a piece for following two visits.
- $25 for family guest pass.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member and have a picture ID.
AWAY means Always Welcome At the YMCA.
When you join the YMCA of Austin, you become part of a national movement of 18.1 million members in more than 2,400 YMCAs. Because each YMCA is autonomous, not-for-profit, and not a franchise, local YMCA policies vary on the use of equipment, facilities, services and program by visiting members from out-of-town or from nearby YMCAs. If you plan to visit another YMCA, it is a good idea to call that YMCA about visiting member policies.
To find a YMCA nearest where you are visiting go to the YMCA Locator at www.ymca.net
YMCA Members visiting Austin are allowed 10 FREE visits a year, with $5 a visit after that.
Getting Started - To receive membership benefits from the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, eligible military families and personnel should follow these steps:
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or call 800-342-9647 to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other documentation (generally your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to any YMCA of Austin branch for verification.
Financial Assistance Policy
YMCA of Austin programs and activities are designed to benefit all persons, and fees are based on the cost of providing each program. While participants are expected to pay their fair share, when financial assistance dollars are available the YMCA will assist any individual or family that wants to participate but cannot afford the fee.
Corporate and Group Memberships
We believe healthy employees are happy and productive employees. We offer incentives to companies and organizations that offer memberships to their employees and members. For information, contact the membership director at any branch.
Click HERE for our Corporate Wellness 1-Sheet, with details on what we have to offer employers, employees and other large groups.
Child Watch Facilities
All YMCA branches provide child watch care during specified hours. Hours and policies differ at each facility. Contact your local branch for hours.
Child Watch is free for Family and One-Adult Family members.