You are here
We believe strengthening the community starts with you.
At the YMCA of Austin, we will make sure you have the expertise and support needed to learn, grow and thrive. As you grow stronger, you’ll strengthen your family and your neighborhood, and that makes us all stronger.
Feel good. Do good.
You may know the Y for our fitness equipment and swimming pools, but did you know we also offer child care, youth sports, academic support to help improved student achievement? Did you know that we offer programs aimed at chronic disease prevention, obesity, nutrition and civic engagement among others? It's true! The Y helps people of all ages, abilities and incomes reach their full potential. We're everything you'd expect and so much more. And...you can earn free membership through our Unlimited Member Referral program. Get connected. Get involved. Get transformed. Check out our Programs here. More information in the expandable blocks below.
As a charitable rganization with roots in Austin since 1953, the YMCA of Austin is open to all. We will not turn anyone away for an inability to pay. Annual Campaign contributions enable us to uphold that promise.
- Individual rates are $57/month. An Individual Membership is defined as a membership for one person 27 years of age or older.
- Young Adult Membership is $36/month. This membership is defined as someone 16-26 years of age.
- One-Adult Family Membership is $70/month. This membership includes one adult and all children under 23 years in the same household.
- Couple Membership is $74/month. This membership type includes two adults of the same household.
- Family Membership is $80/month. This membership is defined as two adults and all children under 23 years of age in the same household.
- Joining Fee: One-time join fee is applied to all Memberships. The join fee for Individual, Couple, One-Adult Family and Family Memberships is $48, which is divided into 3 payments of $16 each. The join fee for Young Adult Memberships is $15, which is divided into 3 payments of $5 each.
- Important Note: We also offer reduced Membership for All rates, for qualified applicants, that are based on household income. Please contact the membership staff at your nearest YMCA of Austin branch to discuss details. As a nonprofit organization, we will not turn anyone away due to inability to pay program or membership fees.
- Bastrop YMCA membership rates vary from above. Please contact Bastrop Y directly for more information - 512-321-9622.
- Click HERE to Join Now!
When you join any full-service YMCA of Austin branch, you are a member at all YMCA of Austin branches. Membership includes the following:
- Use of 5 facilities in Austin, 1 in Buda, 1 in Dripping Springs and 1 in Bastrop
- Free Child Watch while you exercise for Family and One-Adult Family members
- Free group classes/aerobics/yoga/pilates/Zumba, etc
- Free FitStart sessions with a Personal Wellness Coach
- Reduced fees on programs -- including Youth Sports and Summer Camp
- Family events
- Professional, nationally-certified fitness staff
- Year-round indoor swimming
- State of the art equipment
- Click here for branch amenity guide
- Use of over 2,500 YMCAs across the U.S. through the AWAY program
- And through our special Triangle Membership, YMCA of Austin members have access to four YMCA of Greater Williamson County branches as well - at no extra cost to you!
(Note: Triangle membership privileges do not include use of Child Watch or Teen Center.)
We are now offering an Unlimited Member Referral!
Like peanut butter and jelly, friends and the YMCA go together. And when we get together, we create positive change in each other... and in our community. And now, when you refer a friend to join the Y, we'll waive their joining fee and you'll get a free month of membership. What's even better, there is no limit on how many friends you can refer or how many free months you can earn. Just take a friend to your nearest YMCA of Austin branch and you can get started. Refer more than one person and earn multiple months of free membership. No limit! No expiration date!
The coming heat in Austin means a lot of days on TownLake, Barton Springs or your neighborhood pool, and there’s no better place to get in summer shape than at the YMCA. Join today and you get access to our eight area locations, which offer strength rooms, pools, basketball courts, saunas, yoga & pilates and so much more!
The Y is for all. YMCA of Austin programs and activities are designed to benefit all persons, and fees are based on the cost of providing each program. While participants are expected to pay their fair share, when financial assistance dollars are available the YMCA will assist any individual or family that wants to participate but cannot afford the fee.
We believe healthy employees are happy and productive employees. We offer incentives to companies and organizations that offer memberships to their employees and members. For information, contact the membership director at any branch.
Click HERE for our Corporate Wellness 1-Sheet, with details on what we have to offer employers, employees and other large groups.
Child Watch Facilities
All YMCA branches provide child watch care during specified hours. Hours and policies differ at each facility. Contact your local branch for hours.
- Guests are welcome at the YMCA, space permitting.
- Limit: one guest per active member.
- Three visits per guest per calendar year.
- One free visit, $10 a piece for following two visits.
- $25 for family guest pass.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member and have a picture ID.
AWAY means Always Welcome At the YMCA.
When you join the YMCA of Austin, you become part of a national movement of 18.1 million members in more than 2,400 YMCAs. Because each YMCA is autonomous, not-for-profit, and not a franchise, local YMCA policies vary on the use of equipment, facilities, services and program by visiting members from out-of-town or from nearby YMCAs. If you plan to visit another YMCA, it is a good idea to call that YMCA about visiting member policies.
To find a YMCA nearest where you are visiting go to the YMCA Locator at www.ymca.net
YMCA Members visiting Austin are allowed 10 FREE visits a year, with $5 a visit after that.
Getting Started - To receive membership benefits from the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, eligible military families and personnel should follow these steps:
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or call 800-342-9647 to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other documentation (generally your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to any YMCA of Austin branch for verification.
- Membership cards must be scanned at the welcome center desk to access our facilities. The replacement fee for a lost card is $5.
- Membership in the YMCA of Austin is non-transferable.
- Membership is non-refundable.
- Membership may be frozen for documented medical reasons only. Please contact your branch Membership Director to place a membership on hold.
- If termination notification is submitted in writing within thirty (30) days of the initial join date, the YMCA will refund the initial payment minus a $25 administration fee. A joining fee is required to rejoin the YMCA of Austin.
- Notification in writing thirty (30) days prior to next billing date is required to terminate a membership. Faxes and e-mails to the Membership Director of your home branch are acceptable forms of termination as well as filling out the termination form at any YMCA of Austin location. You must receive a confirmation e-mail or letter to confirm the termination request was processed.
- Thirty (30) days notice require to change a membership. This includes upgrades or downgrades of a membership type and billing changes.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children at all times. Children under the age of 12 years may not be left unattended in the facility. Unsupervised workouts using cardiovascular equipment or free weights is not permitted prior to age 16 years without a waiver signed by the legal guardian and completion of YMCA Branch fitness equipment orientation.
- Should any member debt not be honored by the member's credit card company or bank for any reason, the member is still responsible for that debt plus a service charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any service fee the member's credit card company or bank may charge. The membership is subject to termination if the debt is not paid.
- The YMCA is founded on Christian principles and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct.
- Click HERE for our Facility Guidelines